SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIES




Thick, substantial squares with that cinnamon flavor that many of us love so much.  Since I often cannot have chocolate or real brownies, recipes like this are a lifesaver for me in the arena of desserts.





SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIES

Delicious if you like cinnamon like I do – these are like brownies without the chocolate and with the flavor of delicious Snickerdoodle holiday cookies. These become more fudgy when chilled and nicer with age.  My husband loved these!  The small amount of molasses is used to mimic brown sugar.

Update:  I tried this recipe with almond flour plus 1/4 cup oat fiber.  I would use 3 tbsp (45 mL) oat fiber and you can increase the eggs to 4, if you like.  I used 3 large eggs and that was fine, but if the eggs are any smaller, I would use 4 eggs.

The sweetener tables for all the most common scenarios are in my cookbooks for your convenience.  For example, ¾ cup sugar sweetness (not ¾ cup liquid) using my bottle of sucralose from the EZ-Sweetz brand (whether the smaller one of 0.5 oz or the bigger yellow bottle of 2 oz – Zero carbs) would be 18 or 36 drops respectively.  Here is an article and video about the sweeteners. Part 1.  There is another article and video here: Part 2.



1 cup unsalted butter, softened (250 mL)
Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) to equal 1 1/2  cups (375 mL)
  sugar 
3 eggs
2 tsp organic molasses (10 mL)
11/tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
11/tsp unflavored gelatin (7 mL)
21/cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2 (click for recipe), OR (625 mL)
  Keto Bake Mix, OR almond flour PLUS 3 tbsp oat fiber (45 mL)
11/tsp baking powder (7 mL)
11/tsp cinnamon (7 mL)
1/4  tsp salt (1 mL)
Topping:
2 tbsp powdered sweetener (30 mL)
1 tsp cinnamon (5 mL)

Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). 

In food processor, process butter, liquid sweetener, eggs, molasses, vanilla extract and gelatin.  In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR Keto Bake Mix, OR alternative with oat fiber, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Add to wet ingredients; process.  Turn out into a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish.  Smooth top with back of spoon.  Sprinkle with topping.  Bake 23 to 25 minutes, or until brown around the edges.

Topping:  In small bowl, combine powdered sweetener and cinnamon.

Yield:  36 servings
1 serving
88.7 calories
1.9 g protein
8.0 g fat
0 g fiber
2.1 g net carbs





ANOTHER RECIPE YOU MAY ENJOY



As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.